Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sorry I'm Away So Much

So, in the words of Michael Jordan, "I'm back."

Don't really know what happened this summer, I wasn't especially busy, could have easily kept this going. But now I'm back with a vengeance, and I might even have opinions to express (doubtful)!

First, the obligatory "My Top Albums of the Year"

Hip hop came back huge in '09, and that's something that really makes me smile. It was only a couple years ago everyone was saying/yelling/screaming/blogging that hip hop was dead (and after Kanye's last album, who can blame them).

There really was nothing between my top 3 albums, so I made it a 3-way tie for first. Had any of these albums come out in a different year, they'd be a clear cut #1. Any coincidence that they're all Rhymesayers releases? I think not. Year after year, the little giants from MPLS continue to show why they're the best in hip hop. Next year looks to be good too, with Evidence's Cat's and Dog's due out.

I'm awful at describing why I pick things, it always sounds good in my head, but never translates to paper (or blog), so I'm just going to post a couple videos from each album to help me state my case. Maybe I'll get to it later, when I'm bored at work.

1. POS - Never Better



1. Brother Ali - US



1. BK-One - Radio Do Canibal



4. Kid Cudi - Man On The Moon



5. Jay-Z - Blueprint 3



6. Mute Math - Armistice



7. Mos Def - The Ecstatic



8. Clipse - Til The Casket Drops



9. The Grouch & Eligh - Say G&E!



10. Taintstick - 6 lbs of Sound
(The album kind of sucks, but the videos are too good to pass up... red dragons)

No comments: